Saturday, March 26, 2011

"On the First Day of Spring Break..."

LOL & OMG! I just had the best time! Went to see "Cedar Rapids" with a friend who always makes me laugh. She inspires me, motivates me, and grounds me, too. Besides all that, she likes "stupid" comedies! Yippee! Thanks for getting together with me, Young! I always have a great time with you. Here's to many more!

I highly recommend "Cedar Rapids." I'm not going to go into the whole "movie critic" bit except to mention that it stars John C. Riley, Sigourney Weaver, and one of the guys from "The Office" ... and more, of course. Great cast. I happened upon it because I had no interest in seeing any of the other movies playing now. It was the only one that even slightly peaked my interest. Man, did I/we hit the jackpot. Awesomely funny - and it has heart, too. Go see it if you like bawdy, ribald, slice-o-life, "stupid humanistic humor. It rocked my world tonight. It was a great way to end a wonderful day. (Since I added a link about Lent, here's the link to the Fox Searchlight "Cedar Rapids" homepage)

"Cedar Rapids"

Also a "shout out" to GL for getting me to yoga class today. It was great to take a yoga class with my daughter. If it hadn't been for her, I would've blown it off. Had a great class and hit Plow Pose for the first time in years. Absolutely Fab, Darlings. Thank you, thank you, thank you GL for spending a wonderful day with me. I sure hope we get to take more yoga classes together. That was just terrific.

While I'm at it, a "shout out" to BB for feeding me tonight. Kudos to you, BB! Chicken Pesto sandwich was yummilious!

To all the people who called me today - WOW! It was great talking to you all. Keep it up, and I'll do the same. It was wild how much my phone rang today. Thanks for thinking of me and letting me know. Love you!

Here's to Spring Break and my many friends and acquaintances who are traveling. Safe journeys, People. See you when you get back.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy my Stay-cation. Looking forward to keeping the Spring Break ball rolling along as delightfully as it started out today! 1 WEEK of ME-TIME! YIPPEE! Whew. ... and I was worried I wouldn't make it.

Here's to fun. Simple, genuine fun. It's so nice to know that I can still laugh and enjoy life "no matter what." Oh, and a part of it is spreading the joyfulness to anyone who will take it. I did my good deeds today and was also the recipient of other's good deeds. I'm enjoying the "circle of life" thing. Gives me enough energy to face the tough times and decisions.

(contented sigh - chuckle)

Sweet dreams, All.

(another contented sigh)

OH! ... AND I've lost eight (8) pounds! Whoo Hoo! All I'm doing is cutting out soda, sweets, and fast food. I started on the Thursday after Ash Wednesday (March 10, 2011), so that has been two (2) weeks. Nice stable weight loss. Just what I like to see.

I've been telling everyone that I'm pretending to be Catholic for Lent. So far, it's a great bit of pretending that is producing great results. Who knew "being Catholic" could be so fun? :D

Here's a link on other things that can be given up and actions that can be taken:

The Holy Season of Lent

I see at least one that I'm going to have to do. Not quite sure how to approach it, but I'm sure it will come to me.

First things first, though. Tonight I go to bed, make sure my alarm is turned off, and sleep until I wake up ... which will probably be 5:30am if tradition holds. No worries. The point is to get up when I feel like it and do what I feel like doing when I feel like doing it which does include going somewhere special at 5:45pm.

(yet ANOTHER contented sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment