Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Dozen Reasons

I've just finished watching "The Social Network" and am filled with thoughts. This is exactly what a movie is supposed to do. Even that raunchy little comedy with a heart, "Cedar Rapids", left me thinking. The one thing that is common among the thoughts is my love for film as an art form. It combines so many art forms. When it's done right, as in the case of these two very different films, it is all I need for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any snacks in-between. Film is my favorite art form.

1. It takes collaboration.
2. It combines art forms.
3. It is tangible, as in; you can hold the film in your hand.
4. Music
5. Lighting
6. Acting
7. Every subject under the sun can be presented in some form.
8. Dance
9. A whole group of people showing up each day and working together.
10. Messages
11. Writing
12. Escape

Those are just the brief beginning dozen reasons I love film. Like I said, maybe some day I'll write more about it all; but for now I'm just catching up on my blog posts again. I want to finish this thing on April 7, 2011.

I'm off to think some more while listening to Aaron Sorkin give his commentary on "The Social Network." Man, I love DVDs with Special Features. I eat them up. You'd think I'd be losing more weight than I am. Bad joke, I know.

TTFN Tigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment