Friday, December 3, 2010

2 Post or Not 2 Post

People, I am tired so posting seems a bit difficult right now. How's about this, since I've obviously made a decision about my dilemma -

I ended up going up to my hometown to pay my respects to our family friend and his family. I'm very glad that I did. I drove three hours up there, went to breakfast with Dad and his coffee clatch, went to the funeral, went to the luncheon at the church, saw Mom, went to the reception at the club house, and drove three and a half hours home. Not really that long a day for me. Only 13 hours from leaving home to returning. Total "up" time is 19 hours, so far. I still feel the rhythm of the wheels on the asphalt... and my ears are ringing.

More importantly, our friend's eldest son did a stellar job of giving the eulogy at his father's funeral. It was absolutely perfect. Right length. Insightful. Humorous. Personal. Heartfelt. Our friend's other son and third oldest daughter also spoke and did an amazing job. Quite the family. I am very glad that I went up to see "everyone."

I saw people that I haven't seen since high school, including a former teacher who actually used to scare me. I also saw people that I always seem to see when I go to funerals or am around town. It was nice to see so many familiar faces. I was particularly happy to see a former classmate looking so well. I'd heard that she was very sick. I'm so glad that she's healthier now.

I really guess that's it.... except I always have something else to say after I say that, now don't I. Well, in this case; I have two things to say:

1. I was dubbed "The Bagel Fairy." I like it. I like it very much. I may get t-shirts made. :D

2. Our family dog, Beau, scared me when he didn't bark when I rang the doorbell. I'm happy to report that he is very well; and that, we had a wonderful talk and visit even if it was too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment