Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy to Tell You

It's been a good day. A lot has been accomplished.

BB and I went to our Re-Certification meeting today and had all our paperwork with us. I also had my new lease signed and my letter notifying the Housing Authority that I no longer have any income. Result: Re-Certified, Income Change Started, and we left feeling pretty great.

We headed to our mechanic's to pick up my car. I got a nail in my back tire and asked him if he could put on the full-size spare. He did! He also replaced the windshield wiper blades per my request. My car is fixed.

BB went to the Post Office to pick up his silencer. It's fake. He's working on his next project. He now owns an air rifle, too. It is really weird to have a high-powered BB gun in the house, but it's also kind of cool. (BB and BB gun made me chuckle)

We met up at home, had a bite to eat and a bit of a nap, then we continued cleaning for our Annual Inspection tomorrow. We'd both been up until the wee hours again, so the naps were necessary.

We love our new vacuum cleaner. Our old one broke, so we were forced to replace it. For just over $80 we have a great machine that is amazing us with the amount of yuck it picks up. I mean, it's really, really gross; and yet, kind of thrilling. I think you'd have to be here and be us.

The house is presentable, and I'm headed to my knitting. I'm trying to finish a project before 10am tomorrow. I'm at the point where I'm not sure that I like it any more. It has to do with the two types of yarns.

Tomorrow BB will handle the inspection, and I will go to school at 9am. I will be there until 10pm. I will be done with school for the semester tomorrow night. Yeah!

Oh, and I do need to clarify that a few posts ago I mentioned being "fired." I wasn't really "fired." I just used "fired" for dramatic effect.

Another side note: Last night turned out to be a pretty wonderful night. I had a great talk with someone I like and admire. I stood up to my ex and his sister. I continued to check things off my list. I'm on a roll.

10 days to Christmas, People. I'm feeling good even though my Extended Benefits are done and the Unemployment Extension that Congress passed most likely won't help me. I'll keep filling out forms, though. We'll see. For right now, I'm "off the grid." :D

No comments:

Post a Comment