Sunday, October 10, 2010

Good Morning & Welcome to the Briefing

Figured everybody's read a lot lately, so today's post is short and way early.

Before I get going, though; I'd like to mention that John Lennon's Birthday was yesterday, October 9th. I've been thinking about him since the 8th because he's one of my heroes. I just didn't write about it.

I'd also like to mention that the Chicago Marathon is being run today, October 10th (10-10-10) starting on a cool, brisk morning. Here's to a great race in a great city. Kudos to all who support and participate in this wonderful event. Saw the start this am at "zero-dark-thirty." :D

OK - Onwards and UPwards!

Very quickly, I have managed to accomplish three very important things today. They happened so smoothly that I didn't even realize what I'd done til I'd done it. How's about that?!

I contacted A Safe Place and did an intake for support services. A Safe Place is a wonderful organization that offers a multitude of services for victims/survivors of domestic abuse. I left an abusive marriage over twenty years ago, but have found that the past few years have triggered memories and symptoms that I thought were long gone and handled. I'm not sharing details here. That's for sure, but I can now tell you that one of my epiphanies was that I need to get back into some sort of support group and/or therapy to address these issues. I did it today! I'm so happy.

I also found two Hippotherapy facilities pretty close to where I live and sent the closest one an email to volunteer. Hippotherapy involves the use of horses to help people with a variety of physical and/or mental health issues with the aid of Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists. Volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks, such as; walking the horses, cleaning stalls, doing office work, etc. I'm hoping I hear back from them soon. This too was one of my epiphanies yesterday; I need to get back around horses and helping people. Ta Da!

My other accomplishment is personal, and I am not ready to share it. What I can tell you is that I am being proactive and taking care of me. This is also a direct result of my activities yesterday. BAM!

I like this. I like this a lot. I didn't say anything. I just did what was on my mind. I got three important tasks done today that I knew I needed to accomplish "sometime." I guess "sometime" was today. What a wonderful surprise.

I've also eaten well today and drank plenty of water. I've been doing a bit of crocheting, too, besides all else.

Not bad. Not bad. Very, very good. Wow. sigh :D

No comments:

Post a Comment