Thursday, October 28, 2010

Productive Day

Well, as promised, I am posting tonight. I'm all about keeping my promises.

So, I spent the morning doing a bit of work; typing up notes and getting my email account to work. That felt good.

I'm a bit over-enthusiastic with my new assignments, but I'll mellow and match my approach to the needs of my contemporaries. I'm just so excited to have my brain involved in something challenging again that I'm like a child with a new toy. Silly me.

I made a few personal phone calls in an attempt to get more accomplished and ended up leaving messages. One message was about an appointment with my Digital Sound instructor that I was cancelling because I would be late for it because I lost track of time while doing homework. The other two calls were regarding my rent. Nothing exciting, but it would've been nice to clear up the rent issue today. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

My instructor returned my phone call which was really nice. He was cool with my reasons for not driving up to see him. He gave me an extension on my assignment, and I didn't even ask for one. That is wild-ly appreciated. In his honor, I will be working my tuchus off on my assignment all weekend.

I finished the first sixteen pages of my script and submitted it for workshopping next week. NOTE TO SELF: Always print a copy and proof-read before submitting something like this. I've already found typos and things that I would change. Argh. Oh well, the bones are there. I know it's going to change, but it is what it is for now.

I have no clue how it will be received. I think it might freak people out 'cause I used my real name and the real names of a few other people. The story is based on finding my sister, like I've said before. The details are in the names, places and events. Certain strange coincidences that add to things and all that. I suppose I could change the names in the story, but I really want to honor "Grandma" and "Grandpa." They are central to the story and were such amazingly good people. I'd like a few more people to know their names because they deserve the recognition.

I sacrificed watching "The Big Bang Theory" and "Perry Mason" tonight. They are the only shows that I actually schedule time to watch these days. Strange, I know. I used to schedule my time around watching "Numb3rs", but it's been cancelled. I have seen it on late at night on the weekends, so that makes me happy.

Let's see. How else can I bore you to tears? Oh, here's something: I'm going to go watch "The Untouchables" and do some knitting. Can't think of anything else, so I'll stop torturing you for tonight.

Have a great day tomorrow. I'll do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment