Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thor DNF - An Anniversary - YEA BUCKY!

Yesterday marked the end of Thor's cycling season. The Giro di Lombardia was a miserable race this year. Kudos to Gilbert for winning especially since about two thirds of the field didn't even finish the race. Yeah, in his last outing wearing the Rainbow jersey for Cervelo Test Team, Thor Did Not Finish (DNF) - along with about two thirds of the other riders. Oh well. It was nice to see him at the front of the field at the start.

Let's see, there was something else about yesterday that I thought was important, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Oh well.

Today is the three month anniversary of the last time I saw or talked to my oldest granddaughter (July 17, 2010). Three whole months. It's not by my choice, but it is what it is. I've heard that she's asked about me, so I will be patient. Three whole months. Well, I made it through 37 years of not seeing my "sister", so I can make it through this. I don't think it's good for her, but we'll make it through. Life's circumstances are not so fun sometimes. I've been accused of being "nuts", and life got really complicated really fast. Thing that's really goofy is that other people find me fit enough to care for their young children and to volunteer with small children. Patience is a virtue, right? OW!

Tomorrow will be the four month anniversary of the last time I saw or talked to my youngest granddaughter (June 18, 2010) --- "Same as above." OW!

So today, I'm packing it in after a so-so day. I'm going to get this God-Damned crocheting project done and out of my house. I'm going to do some God-Damned homework, too.

Tomorrow, I'm waking up early and leaving the house early. I've got a lot to do, so might as well get it done. I'm working on me while I can't see my granddaughters. At least I'll be a better Meema when we do see each other again. I can't wait to hug them and tell them how much I love them .... and that I thought about them every singe day that I didn't see them ... that I've been sending all kinds of good energy their way ... and that, I don't understand it any more than they do, but we'll not worry about it all because we're together, and we're going to have fun.

Think good thoughts for my birthday. I've asked if I can see them on my birthday. I'm going to see how much it would cost for my oldest to ride a pony where I volunteer. That would be a great birthday present for me.... seeing my oldest granddaughter on a pony.

OK, good night. Sweet dreams. My troubles are trifles in the whole world of troubles, and I know it. Take care.

OH! I REMEMBERED WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT YESTERDAY!

THE WISCONSIN BADGERS BEAT THE #1 RANKED OHIO STATE BUCKEYES! BOO-YAH! I'm taking this as a sign. ROCK ON, BUCKY!

No comments:

Post a Comment