Friday, February 11, 2011

BIG CHANGE!

Today at around 2pm I received a call from my WIA Grant Representative. After being on a waiting list since April, my time has come. Only one challenge to overcome; I have to be a full-time student this semester to receive funds. If I cannot become a full-time student this semester, I forfeit the grant. It will pay for my tuition, fees and books. It could be as large as $10,000.

I've spent the day looking for classes to add to my schedule and found one open, online course, Introduction to Business, that meets my Digital Media and Design - A/V Production Associates Degree requirements. I've contacted the DMD Department Heads to ask if I can join either Audio Production (Independent Study) or Internet Fundamentals (online course that started February 7, 2011). Now I sit and wait out the weekend with plans to be at school at 8am on Monday morning to speak with a counselor. Whew.

What a rush. Here I've been waiting and wondering for all this time, and POOF! Of course, just like any bureaucratic endeavor, the timing and rules on this one add a bit of stress. We'll see what happens. I need more information about the rules and requirements for this, but for now I'm just trying to get into the right classes.

One great bit of news is that my Yoga class actually is required for my major. Well I could take either a Dance, Humanities, or Music Elective; and Yoga is in the Dance Department. YIPPEE! It's really doing a great job for me.

Other than that flurry of activity, it's been a pretty calm day. I made dinner tonight for BB and SA. That was nice. Remembering that makes me wonder if the food still needs to be put away. Dang it.

Well, I guess that's my cue to go. Take care, All.

No comments:

Post a Comment