Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SNOW!

It is still snowing here in the Chitown area. It's coming down hard with big, downy flakes swirling around. The wind has died down a bit, but it's still creating chaos.

Is there anyone else out there besides children who feels like me? It's like Christmas morning for me. It's absolutely AWESOME! It's so pretty and dramatic. I'm really looking forward to going out to shovel. It will be a great workout. It will be fun.

I've been trying to figure out why I react this way. I mean, so many people complain about the snow and rightfully so, but this is my Superbowl.

I've just been informed by one of the local news stations that there are other people like me. News crews that went out to cover this blizzard had some "crazies" like me in them, and they videotaped other people who felt the same way. They just showed video of people playing in the 70 mile/hour wind gusts down in the city. I think we need to form a club.

There was thunder and lightening along with the snow and wind last night. I don't remember ever experiencing that during a snow storm before. That, too, was awesome.

I'm gaging the wind speed by whether or not my office window sounds like a kazoo. It doesn't now, but last night it chimed in with various off-key wails and moans that reflected the outdoor conditions. A gust would shake the house and the kazoo complaining would chime in along with it. This storm had and has a life of its own, and I am enjoying it.

I took a few pictures this morning and will be posting them. They show the four to five foot drifts in our yard and driveway. They show my buried car, and my neighbors shoveling and using their snow blower to cut through over hip-deep snow.

The news has just reported that Punxsutawny Phil did NOT see his shadow, so we'll have an early spring. Kinda hard to believe today. Get ready for Flood Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment