Saturday, February 5, 2011

LINKS! Today I Learned How to Include Links! - Some Favorites

It was there all along; I just had to open up my eyes and my mind. DUH.

I have cracked the nut on how to add links to my blog! Today is a great day in my blog's history. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Tee Hee.

Here's the Link to the site that finally helped me. I have included links using both the Link box at the top of my posting page (AGAIN - "DUH!!!!") and manually. I might add that this is the first time that I've taken a real interest in the coding involved in creating websites, etc.

How do I make a link to a web page?

With this in mind, here are a few of my favorite sites on The Web:

Simon's Cat - YouTube Page - If you haven't ever seen these cartoons, you really must take a moment to enjoy them. I always laugh.

Indeed.com - I've found this "all inclusive" job search site very helpful. While I haven't gotten a job as a result of using this "clearing house" site, it does make looking for work a bit more efficient.

SitterCity.com - A National Website for Childcare Providers, Pet Sitters, Tutors, and Elder Care Providers and those looking for help in these areas.

Google Language Tools - Do you have friends or family who speak a different language that you don't understand and vice versa? This Google Tool allows a person to translate languages and type in real time transforming their language into the language of the person that they are trying to communicate with. This is a technological miracle for me! While the translations may not be completely accurate, I've been told that they're good enough by the Norwegian relatives that I've used it with.

tvnewsgrapevine - The Advice Forum for TV News People - This blog is one of my favorites because the advice is spot on and concise. While I may never work in TV News again, I am inspired by the blog's author, Randy Tatano. He is a credit to the field of Journalism. When people complain about "the media", I think of Mr. Tatano and use his blog as an example to prove that there are journalist who care about reporting "in the proper way."

I'll end there for now, but there are many other websites and blogs that I like. I just have to get going with my day.

HURRAY! February 5, 2011 I FINALLY Cracked the Code!

No comments:

Post a Comment