Friday, February 4, 2011

STRUCTURE!

Well, after 3/4 of a year, I've finally gone and done it; I've created a written schedule for myself. Now we'll see how structure works in my life. Every day is scheduled from 6am until 11:30pm. I've included Free Time, too. HELP!

It was really pretty fun figuring out where things are going to fit. There are things that I do every day like get up at 6am and practice my yoga and T'ai Chi Chih from 6:30 to 7:30am. I've even scheduled in eating breakfast, packing my lunch and the days that I will be cooking dinner. Of course, I've scheduled in study time and all my classes. I've also done my best to get me out of the house as much as possible, but I have scheduled house cleaning time, too. I've done a pretty darn good job. I've even reintroduced my volunteer work with the Hippotherapy facility. I've also scheduled in an intense month of cleaning up my office.

I like the theory of this "living" document and hope that it works. There are tweaks to be made, but the document that I've created has good bones. I still need to schedule in the times that I look for work and when I'll start working on a special project for NAMI, but I did get my first weekly script writing sessions put in. I'm scheduled to do a lot of knitting and crocheting for a while because I have some projects that I'd like to finish up before the weather changes. My goal is to incorporate a daily script and book writing schedule and reduce the amount of time I knit and crochet; or when school is over I'll replace school time with ... Anyway, you get the idea.

I'm off in just a little bit to meet handle my first scheduled task. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it. This is a huge change. The beauty of a written schedule is that I have a "map" to follow for each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment