Sunday, February 20, 2011

Peace Be With You

Well after way too much stressing, I decided to drop one class because the deadline to drop it is today; but when I tried to drop I couldn't because now there's a hold on my account because big-mouth me told Financial Aid that my wait for the WIA Grant was up. I'm not even upset. I know I'll have a lot of talking to do in the next week, but I don't even care about that. This whole situation has just gotten "ridunculous."

On the upside, I had a call from two old friends tonight. They were both good.

My first call was from a friend and former co-worker who told me that he popped the question on Valentine's Day; he's engaged to his lady-love! I whooped and hollered. I'm so happy for both of them. That made my day.

My other call was with an old friend from high school. It was great to catch up. She sounds so good. I'm very happy for her. She seemed to have just the right things to say, too. It all helped so much.

In fact, my two old friends really have no idea how much they helped me just by sharing their good news and insights. They helped me so much that when I went to drop my class, I wasn't upset. I just looked up at "the heavens" aka, my ceiling, smiled and rolled my eyes. Maybe there is a plan for me. Maybe it's just one more hassle to tackle. Whatever the case, it will be OK. It's only money, right? ... and my future. Breathe, two, three, four....

OK, so that's it. I'm going to head to bed; so that, I'll be well rested for tomorrow's activities and the rest of the week's activities.

Take care, everyone. Here's to good friends, fond memories, positive change, and hope. Here's to strength and a stress-free existence, too. Here's to cooperation, collaboration, compassion and courage, too.

Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment