Thursday, February 3, 2011

MeeMa and the Evil Wizard

A few days ago, Big Girl crawled up on my lap and asked me to tell her a story about "MeeMa is turned into a statue." It went something like this:

Once upon a time MeeMa met an Evil Wizard. The Evil Wizard looked at MeeMa and said, "MeeMa, I am going to turn you into a statue and take your eyes because I want to see the world through your eyes." With that, "POOF!" He turned MeeMa into a statue and took her eyes. He took out his own eyes, put MeeMa's eyes into his eye sockets and looked at the world. It was more beautiful than anything he had ever seen before. It was filled with love and happiness. It was filled with beautiful colors. He saw joy and hope for the first time. He was no longer an Evil Wizard. As he looked at the world through MeeMa's eyes, he realized that he had to change MeeMa back into a living MeeMa. He realized that he had to give her eyes back to her. "POOF!" The Wizard turned MeeMa back into MeeMa and put her eyes back in her eye sockets. He put his old eyes back in his eye sockets and was amazed. He still saw the world as beautiful and full of love. MeeMa and the Wizard became good friends and were very happy.

When I finished the last word of the story, Big Girl threw her arms around my neck and gave me a big hug. She hugged me for a long time. When she was done, she leaned back, looked into my eyes and smiled a big smile; and then, she hugged me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment