Thursday, February 17, 2011

Can't We Just Get Along?

Short, short post -

I may lose some friends over my views on the turmoil in Wisconsin, but I'm hoping that I won't. My main point is that people need to work together, and when the Governor refuses to sit down at the bargaining table, submits a bill that would eliminate collective bargaining and put power in fewer hands; and then, calls the Democratic members of the State Legislature "undemocratic" for leaving the state thus making a vote on the Budget Repair Bill impossible; Governor Walker's going to have to face the fact that he's created this mess from Day One. He had a lot of help, and everyone involved is wrong. There are other ways to fix a budget, and I'm hoping that the Wisconsin Legislature can find it. With a 19-14 Republican majority, though; I am doubtful that this will happen unless the Democrats stick together and force the issue. It's been done before, so here's hoping that the tactic will work resulting in a collaborative effort. Again, I'm doubtful considering how Governor Walker has conducted himself thus far.

Hey, Elected Officials and State Mucky-Mucks, how's about taking a pay cut yourselves? Want to give up some perks? Come one. What's good for the masses is good for the leaders, right? Apparently not.

Here's to my tomorrow. I've got a very important meeting about getting some government funding. Ha! I'm getting while it's still there. Audio/Video Production is getting more and more interesting with all the hubbub in good, ole Wisco. I'm stoked.

Rock on, People. Stand up for what you believe in and remember to discuss it with a level head. Dialogue is key. Good luck, Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment