Monday, November 22, 2010

Another Late Great Post

Well, another productive day with lots of accomplishments. Getting kinda boring, huh. :D Ah, my goal in life - BORING.

Was late getting off to class today, and it proved to be fortuatus because one of my Digital Sound group members called and asked me for a ride to school. Yay! I was able to do a good deed. I love doing good deeds.

We arrived at class about a half hour late and got straight to work on our project with the third group member. We decided to head to the library because the room was a bit loud. While we were there, we got all the details hammered out. It was a great session. From show structure to post-production scheduling and more, we knocked it out in about an hour.

When we went back to class, we were told that we could leave if we were done. I took a moment to talk to my instructor about a few emails that I'd sent him. We had a great talk. He really got me thinking about 3D Modeling. The more I get to know my instructor, the more I like him.

Finally, I headed out of class around 1pm. I blasted out the door and headed home to see my Grandgirls. Oh, What JOY!

I got to spend about 45 minutes with Big Girl and Little One. We played with puzzles and more. I got to measure both of them for knitting and crocheting projects. Big Girl was so funny. We sang. She measured MeeMa. GL, Aubrey and I measured Little One. Big Girl gave me her order for projects; a scarf and a blanket. We looked at some yarn, and she picked the kind she liked.

Little One was talkative today and much more comfortable around me. She's standing on her own, now. She was really pretty interactive with me. She's still most comfortable around her mom. That makes me happy. That's how it should be. Big Girl is most comfortable around her mom, too.

It's still hard saying good-bye. We're working through it, though. I know it's harder on GL and Big Girl.

I wish I had a magic wand to make it all better. I wish I had an answer that would solve everything. There are so many things that I wish for. In lieu of wishes, I'm doing what I can in a practical way to learn how to better support both of them.

I have to say that it's easier with Big Girl simply because she's little. As long as I reassure her and keep it positive, she's willing to follow.

GL is in a world of hurt and only time will heal her pain, or at least I hope that time will heal her pain. I'm hoping that everything works out in the best possible way for GL, Big Girl and Little One. Whatever the future holds, I remain proud of GL, BB, Big Girl and Little One. They are the stars of my life. It just seems to me that the Universe will recognize what should be done and come through. At least I wish it would.

I keep reminding myself that it's a long journey. I keep reminding myself that there are other forces and other people at work on behalf of my family. I keep reminding myself to do my homework and work search and all the practical activities of my life. Seems like I'm reminding myself of a lot these days. It's all good, though. I'm reminding myself about what I really like to do, and how I really like to live. Can't really say that I'm very hopeful about anything; or that, I have any real clue about my future; but I'm plugging away each day thinking that maybe an answer is just around the next corner or two. We'll see. Maybe I've found the answer already and don't know it.

I know that I finished my homework tonight on deadline. Well, kind of on deadline. I was so sick all week that I forgot about my Digital Sound assignment. I'll take the one grade drop on it. I was so surprised today when my instructor asked for it that I laughed and announced that I completely blew it. What's a person to do under such circumstances. He was nice enough to give me until the end of today to hand it in. I got it in.

So, that's about it. A very full day. Oh, and I bought more yarn ... and cooked dinner in no time flat - fajitas, refried beans and Spanish rice.

That's all for now. See you later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment