Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waited Soooo Long ....

Well, yesterday I didn't have much to write about early on, so I waited ... too long, it turns out. Here I am now, and I will be one post behind for a while because today is very busy. There will not be time for two posts today, and this post will be short.

Yesterday, I "stood at the ready" for my Internship, but was not needed. As a result, I decided to crochet for most of the day. I could've done some homework, but I decided to do it this afternoon instead.

Crocheting went amazingly well. I am almost finished with my project thanks to chunky yarn and a HUGE crochet hook. My project is getting good reviews from BB, too. I'm hoping to have it wrapped up by Friday.

Other than that, well, it was the day after my birthday. Seeing as how my birthday was so up and down, I decided to take a bit of a breather from my constant activities to refresh my mind, body and spirit. It seems to have worked.

The healing started on Monday night at DVS Group with a guided imagery session from a CD by Belleruth Naparstek. It was just what I ordered; or rather, pleaded for. I wanted the pain to stop! Ms. Naparstek has a whole line of books and guided imagery CDs that address a whole series of issues and ailments. The CD we listened to was about healing from trauma. A nice bit of work was done in a gentle, focused way. My pain disappeared. I was also reminded of how well guided imagery used to work for me so many years ago. I used to do it one to three times a week when I lived in California and was studying Laying On of Hands Healing and Trance Channeling. I refer to those years lovingly as my "Shirley MacLaine Years." I reaped a lot of benefits from those years which is good because the negative aspects are pretty bad. The experiences I had in California have reinforced my resolve and commitment to "throwing out the bathwater and not the baby."

Anyway, having successfully put myself back together yesterday, I went to my NAMI class with treats in hand. It was a very good class, and I am farther along on my knitting project, too. We only have one more class. Our last class is a party. Hmmmm. Do I go? It is at a very good restaurant and will cost less than twenty dollars. I'll probably go.

After class, I had a wonderful talk with an old friend. It was so wonderful that I used the opportunity to go for a walk around the block. I haven't been walking like I need to and had come up with YET ANOTHER idea on how to achieve my goal; take all the good people who care about me along with me in my mind and heart. It occurred to me in NAMI class. One of my biggest issues is being alone. While I can tell myself that I am not alone because of all the people who care about me, I still struggle with the internal mindset. It is a strange feeling to be sitting in a crowd feeling all alone, isn't it. Well, I'd decided that by taking my good people with me on my walks, I might have more success and enjoy the whole experience more. Last night's walk was done while on the phone with my old friend, so this was a boon. Besides, her whole thing is fitness, so she was delighted when I told her that I had just completed my walk with her help; and that, she hadn't even realized it! Yeah Us!

That leads me today. It is 9:31am, and it is time for me to get ready for my day. Big meeting today with studying and school afterwards. It will be about fourteen hours of non-stop activity and thinking. Can't see as how I'll be interested in or have the energy for posting again tonight. Besides, my goal when leaving class on Wednesday nights is to make it home in time for "Perry Mason."

Take care of yourselves, Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment