Monday, November 22, 2010

Too Busy to Post

Yep - I got busy on Sunday, so no post. Sorry.

Cleaning and disinfecting the house for Monday. Going well. Doing Laundry. Watching "Prison Break." Doing homework and looking for work. All the usual mundane stuff that just takes time.

I'm still not smoking. This morning was intense. I didn't put my patch on til around 12pm. Kinda slept in a bit. Man, my body went into a burning, itchy, tingly weirdness for about an hour and a half. It let up a bit after that, but I still felt weird til about 3pm. I figure I'm detoxing big time.

I've got three big welts on my arms from where I put the patches on the first three days. I switched to putting them on my chest, applied hydrocortisone cream immediately after taking them off, and now rash or itching. Ta Da!

The rest of my body is totally out of whack, too. Between the infection in my gum, the antibiotics and pain pills and my various reactions to quitting smoking and the antibiotics - WHOA! I mean - Talk about a System Flare Up. I think I got it under control today using mostly conventional medicine. I'm now adding my alternative medicine

Besides that, I'm crazy for water. All I want to do is drink water. I've never craved water like this before. I'll go with it because it will help flush out my system.

I did a bit of grocery shopping late tonight. I got a bunch of healthy food. I mean, I got what my body wanted. Again, totally weird. Well, let's put it this way; not my usual sugar and salt and starch diet. I got dried fruits, almonds, apples and Greek yogurt. I like all these foods. I just haven't been buying them much. I also got some Acidophilus milk to help get my bacteria levels back in balance.

OK. That's it. I really haven't craved a cigarette today. I've been too overwhelmed with my biological warfare. Seems to have calmed down enough for me to focus on getting some stuff done and some supplies in the house. The timer just went off, so I'm off to get another load of laundry out of the dryer.

See you late tomorrow. I plan on leaving early and coming home late.

As always, I miss my grandgirls and am doing my best to keep busy and do good stuff while I wait to see them again. Here's to many, many happy years ahead. Just have to get through this time. I keep reminding myself that it's a long journey; pacing and stamina are more important than immediate gratification. I just remember how much I loved spending time with my grandparents even though I didn't get to see them often. It's quality, not quantity - right? Please say it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment