Monday, November 1, 2010

Two-Edged Sword

Today has been very productive. It has also been emotionally and intellectually exhausting.

Digital Sound went well except that all the work I did last Monday and since didn't get saved properly, so I'm starting from scratch. Schnikies! Oh well.

I took my first quiz and know I got two wrong. Schnikies, AGAIN!

Seeing BB, GL and Big Girl was great! Little One has an ear infection, so she wasn't able to come to play. Big Girl wasn't happy to leave my house and me. :( Terrible two-edged sword; she loves me and it was just sad to see her sad. I'm trying to think what I can do for her for next week.... I'll think of something. We had so much fun. She said, "Cool" when she opened up her shiny, blue soccer ball. She liked her puzzles, too. I didn't give her the Play Dough Fun Factory, yet.

You know I've mentioned that I do get quite a few prayers answered. Well today as soon as I'd parked my car in my driveway, Big Girl came running up to me with her arms outstretched! She gave me such a big hug. This is a prayer answered. You see, I've never been one to be loud when greeting children. I don't want to impose on them or frighten them. I prefer to do things my grandma's way; let them come to me. I was beginning to wonder if Big Girl would ever run up to me with a big hug. It's a selfish prayer, I know. Just feeling a bit needy, I guess. Well, in any case, today I realized another dream come true.

After BB, GL, and Big Girl left; I ate some meat loaf and corn bread. I did a bit of work; responded to messages and emails. After that, I had to lay down. I was exhausted.

Finally, I got up and went to my Domestic Abuse Survivors Group. It was good for me.

Now I am home and ready for bed. Perry Mason will be on soon. I'm going to grab my drawing pad and markers and finally figure out the designs of my next three crocheting projects. Maybe I'll knit a little scarf for Big Girl for next week.

Oh, and next week when I see Big Girl and Little One; it will be my birthday. I really want to take Big Girl to the Hippotherapy Facility for a pony ride as a birthday present to me. I've heard that she's a bit afraid of horses, so this might be a good thing for her. Maybe it would be good for her to see MeeMa riding a horse. Maybe I'll take a lesson on my birthday. I'll have to see.

Tomorrow, I'm planning on heading to school to get a whole bunch of work done. My goal is to get as much work done as possible on Tuesday; so that, when I meet with my Digital Sound instructor on Wednesday I'll have something substantial to show him. I suppose if all goes well, I'll just stay up there until Scriptwriting. I really like being up at school. It energizes me. I can focus up there.

OK, off with me. Take care, All.

No comments:

Post a Comment