Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Letter to Senator-Elect Mark Kirk

Dear Senator-Elect Kirk,

I am disappointed that you won tonight. During the years that I met you, you showed yourself to be a lying, scheming, arrogant man. I have not respected you since those years. You now represent me in the Senate. I am not affluent, nor are many of the people who live in your former Congressional district. You have been flippant in your comments about those you represent. Your voting record has never reflected my viewpoint. With all of that said, here are my issues:

1. In one month, if I still don't find a job; I will have no income. Do you know anyone who would be willing to hire me? I am articulate, educated, over fifty years old and fat. Ageism is alive and well in our country, as are many other bigoted views. What do you plan on doing about that?

2. I haven't had health insurance since January 2009, nor have I seen a doctor. County Health services have been cut. Do you have a plan to provide health care to American citizens who do not have minor children?

3. Campaign Finance and Content Reform. This past campaign was a disgrace. Character Assassination Ads are NOT worth the over three billion dollars that were spent on them this past campaign season. All I can think of when I see these ads is, "What if all this money was used to help the people who really need the help?" I am thoroughly disgusted with almost every politician nation-wide.

4. Please stop talking out of both sides of your mouth. You know what you lie about. Stop it.

5. I expect you to vote "NO" if the issue of raises ever comes up in the Senate. Remember, you are our employee. We pay for you to represent us. If it were up to me, I would've fired you as a Congressman.

6. I would like you to work with Senator Durbin to introduce legislation that address paying back the money that was "borrowed" from Social Security. See, you have messes that you didn't create to clean up, too.

7. I also expect you to work with President Obama, someone I also met numerous times and ended up respecting.

8. Please stop the smug dialogue, and work for the people you represent. Times are tough out here. We deserve someone who has the intelligence to put his constituents needs above his own political and personal needs. This is the job you just won. We expect you to do your best for us. You have six years of job security which is more than a lot of us can say. Get to work.

9. God forbid, you align yourself with Sarah Palin. For God's Sake, please be smarter than that.

I do not look forward to your term in office. I will be participating in our governmental process by sending occasional emails. I do expect you to represent all the people of this state and not just the affluent.

Sincerely,
Michelle A. Ofstun

No comments:

Post a Comment