Thursday, November 4, 2010

School

Goodness, I'm tired. I put in a full day yesterday. It was good.

After running an important errand, I went to my bank to get loan information. I'd like to finance getting a Mac. The info at the bank wasn't promising. I'd need a Co-Signer who's been employed for two years. The interest rate was a lot higher than I expected, too. Still, it is good to be informed and educated. I can now look at other options.

From the bank, I went to school. I had an appointment with my instructor at noon, but he didn't make it. That was OK. I was planning on staying there to work, anyway.

I worked on Digital Sound from about 12:30pm until 4:30pm. I successfully saved my project and will be returning to meet with my instructor at 5pm today. After our meeting, I will be staying to work on my project until the library closes. I can focus and work up there.

At 7pm, I had Scriptwriting. My script was workshopped last night. Man, how I was dreading the workshopping.

It turned out pretty much as expected. During the "What Works" portion, two positive things were said; then the "What Didn't Work" elements came streaming in. It was an interesting process for me. It was a slap in the face when only two good things were said before people really took off on what they didn't like. Things got better, though. After people had a chance to say most of what they didn't like, they revisited what they did like. Of course, this put me back together a bit. I wrote six pages of notes. I also sent "Thank You" emails to my classmates and instructor. While only a bit painful, it was a great learning experience that has given me clarity and direction. It really has. I can go into details in a later post, but for now - the important things are strong and the thing that I wasn't attached to and didn't think would work is gone - NOW. :D

.... So I think I started this post this morning and got sidetracked reading the notes on my script. Glad it got saved as a draft.

When I left today at about 11:30am and got home from school at around 10:30pm. Even longer day tomorrow. I hope I finish this project soon because I have a ton of other things to do. Oh, and the project is my Digital Sound assignment. I'm borrowing the instructor's SoundTrack Pro 2 book until Monday. I'm sure it will help.

OK, I'm off to bed. Up at 5:30am tomorrow. Take care, All.

No comments:

Post a Comment